- Latest Titles
Film & TV
- Outdoor & Sport
- Top Pre-Orders
On all orders over £50
Your purchase is protected
See our reviews on feefo
You are head of a family in an Italian city-state, a city run by a weak and corrupt court. You need to manipulate, bluff and bribe your way to power. Your object is to destroy the influence of all the other families, forcing them into exile. Only one family will survive...
In Coup, you want to be the last player with influence in the game, with influence being represented by face-down character cards in your playing area.
Each player starts the game with two coins and two influence i.e., two face-down character cards; the fifteen card deck consists of three copies of five different characters, each with a unique set of powers:
· Duke: Take three coins from the treasury. Block someone from taking foreign aid.
· Assassin: Pay three coins and try to assassinate another player's character.
· Contessa: Block an assassination attempt.
· Captain: Take two coins from another player, or block someone from stealing coins from you.
· Ambassador: Draw two character cards from the Court (the deck), choose which (if any) to exchange with your face-down characters, then return two. Block someone from stealing coins from you.
On your turn, you can take any of the actions listed above, regardless of which characters you actually have in front of you, or you can take one of three other actions:
· Income: Take one coin from the treasury.
· Foreign aid: Take two coins from the treasury.
· Coup: Pay seven coins and launch a coup against an opponent, forcing that player to lose an influence. (If you have ten coins, you must take this action.)
When you take one of the character actions whether actively on your turn, or defensively in response to someone else's action that character's action automatically succeeds unless an opponent challenges you. In this case, if you can't reveal the appropriate character, you lose an influence, turning one of your characters face-up. Face-up characters cannot be used, and if both of your characters are face-up, you're out of the game.
If you do have the character in question, you reveal it, the opponent loses an influence, then you shuffle that character into the deck and draw a new one, perhaps getting the same character again and perhaps not.
The last player to still have influence that is, a face-down character wins the game!
A new & optional character called the Inquisitor has been added. The Inquisitor character cards may be used to replace the Ambassador cards.
· Inquisitor: Draw one character card from the Court deck and choose whether or not to exchange it with one of your face-down characters. OR Force an opponent to show you one of their character cards (their choice which). If you wish it, you may then force them to draw a new card from the Court deck. They then shuffle the old card into the Court deck. Block someone from stealing coins from you.
Sent beautifully packaged, almost ready to give straight as a gift, this fabulous card game will be sent rapidly with 1st class delivery and before you know it and will be with you before you know it.
What you get
Coup - Bluffing Card Game
For 2 to 6 players
For ages 10 years and over. Not suitable for children under 3 years old.
Perfect for all ages who like to have fun
See our website for our extensive range of Card Games
|Read more reviews on Feefo|
We aim to pick and pack your items within 24-72 hours of receiving your order payment. We distribute our products worldwide through a selection of postal and courier services, chosen for their reliability and economy.
» We use Royal Mail Tracked 48 for Standard Delivery and Parcel Force for our next day courier option
» We use Royal Mail Standard Airmail for all Mail up to 90cms in Size or 5 Kgs in Weight. For all other mail we will use either FedEx or Parcel Force Road Freight.
» We use Royal Mail Standard Airmail for all Mail up to 90cms in Size or 5 Kgs in Weight. For all other mail we will use Fedex.
» All Overseas Royal Mail dispatches are Mailsorted by destination at our warehouse. This expedites the delivery process and commonly results in a speedier delivery to you the customer.
» All Royal Mail International is non-tracked.
» Tracked (Recorded Delivery or International Signed For) service is available with a surcharge of £6 for non UK and £1.50 for UK. For this service please email us at email@example.com and title your email 'TRACKING required' and we will organise payment with you directly. Please ensure you do this with 1-2 hours of your payment or we may not be able to apply this service to your order.
» Current Tariff of Prices
» Standard Delivery 2-4 Days - £3.99 - following despatch time - Please add an Extra Day for Higlands and Islands
» Priority delivery next working day (weekends not included) £8.50, for orders received prior to 2pm and following despatch time. - Please add an Extra Day for Higlands and Islands
» International - Various depending on Country
» Despatch Time - Can take up to 72hrs depending on location of product. Please email customer Services if your order is urgent for confirmation - firstname.lastname@example.org
» On occasions, less than 0.5% of orders are lost or damaged in the post. Please email email@example.com and title your email ORDER UPDATE and we will try and locate your item. In the eventuality that we cannot locate your order, we will replace or refund your order. Please note Royal Mail do not consider UK items lost until 15 working days have passed.