We have been made aware of a planned potential strike action taking place this month at the Port of Felixstowe. Members of the Unite union voted in an overwhelming majority for industrial action, following a pay dispute with the Felixstowe Dock and Railway Company.
At present, the strike is expected to begin on Sunday 21st August and last for 8 days. For more information, please click here.
Whilst other ports will be attempting to cover the strike, with many ships being diverted to ports such as Southampton, the Port of Felixstowe receives roughly half of the UK’s freight, so major delays are expected. These delays are likely to last at least 2 months, if not longer.
How does this affect Us/You?
The projects we currently have scheduled to arrive this month are:
- Snap Finger Click - Awkward Card Game - Port ETA 10/08
- Creative Game Studio - Chronicles Of Drunagor: Age of Darkness - Reprint - Port ETA 11/09
- Nightingale Games - War Room: A Larry Harris Game (2nd ed) - Port ETA 17/08
- Rollacrit - Heroes of Barcadia - Port ETA 18/08 and 19/08 (being shipped from 2 locations in China to UK, hence 2 ETAs)
- Birdwood Games - Dog Park - Port ETA 20/08
- Hall or Nothing Productions - 1815, Scum of the Earth (and more) - Port ETA 20/08
- Free League - The One Ring, Forbidden Lands, Mork Borg, CY_Borg, Alien RPG - Port ETA 22/08
- Certifiable Studios - Endangered Orphans - Port ETA 24/08
- Ion Game Design - Dawn on Titan, Bios: Mesofauna, Galenus - Port ETA 26/08
- Tabletop Tycoon – Everdell, Newleaf, Mistwood, and Complete Collection - Port ETA 28/08
Stock transfers are also likely to be affected.
Obviously, this will affect our schedule negatively however, we will endeavour to navigate the delays as best we can. We will update on the situation as it progresses.